Yes, we are still alive and actually doing quite well. Since the last time I posted, we have been to Florida and back with several weeks prior and post that trip. We had a great time and Levi loved the water. It sounds pretty crazy, but my mom and I actually drove the 17/18 hrs with Levi and he did so well...nary a cry the whole time! I mean, what 7 month old could tolerate his car seat for that long?? Well, Levi did and the trip was very smooth sailing.


We also made a recent and long overdue visit to Levi's great grandma. She was there when we arrived at the airport form Ethiopia but we haven't had the chance to see her until we went last week. It actually ended up being quite a reunion as Levi also met his great aunt and uncle, two cousins, and two second cousins. It was quite an exhausting day for the little man, but it sure was worth it. It was priceless watching Grandma Conner love on Levi, and it is a day that will stick with me for quite some time.

We also celebrated Nate's first Father's Day and both of our Dads' first "Grandfather's Day." It was a special weekend as we spent time at my parents' house enjoying the most of the beautiful weather. We then headed for a day at the lake on Sunday to spend with Nate's family. It was a great weekend and another few days to savor as precious memories.
Levi is continuing to grow and now weighs almost 20 lbs. As the doctor said, he has no trouble with eating! We have also started physical therapy and occupational therapy. Levi has been a little slow in meeting some milestones and has particular trouble using his left hand. He has made huge improvements and we continue to be impressed with his development despite some of these challenges. The therapists are both great and love working with Levi...I mean, who wouldn't?! :) haha But, we certainly do feel blessed with our little guy and he has such a great, smiley, loving, and easy going personality.
I am still bummed that we can't get our pictures off our camera, so once again, I have "borrowed" from what has been on Facebook from our various family members. It seems that our USB connection is somehow fried on our computer and we can't connect our camera any more to get the pictures off. We are definitely going to have to do something about that because I have tons of great pictures that need to be shared!
Blessings to you all and thanks for following my often-boring, infrequently updated blog!
Shanna-thanks for keeping us posted on your little man. I love the pictures. Too too sweet!!! It sounds like he is doing well and you and Nate are adjusting to parenthood.
ReplyDeletePanda