Sunday, November 13, 2011

Traditions

As the holidays quickly approach, Nate and I are wanting to be intentional with our family in our celebrations, especially Christmas.  I love the idea of starting our own unique family traditions besides continuing the ones that we did with our families growing up.  As I was looking into activities to do with the kids for Christmas, I came upon this Advent Nativity Calendar.  I was so excited about it, I went out and bought the materials today.  It will take some time putting it together, but I think it will be such a great thing to do each year with the kids.  I have never counted down or celebrated through the Advent season, so this will be something new for me, too.  Hopefully it will become a Conner family tradition for years to come.  What things do you do teach your kids or celebrate with your family the true meaning of Christmas? What special memories do you have from the holiday season?

No comments:

Post a Comment