For the past few weeks, I have had a couple of diversions that have kept me more than a little preoccupied. Friday, I had my licensure exam to become state licensed as an Associate Marriage and Family therapist within the state of Indiana. Today, I had my first "real job" interview. I know how to deal with these things pretty well. I was surprisingly not that nervous as I waited at the door for both of these "events." I am so familiar with studying countless hours and preparing myself academicly for things that I feel are pretty much in my control. These things, I know how to prepare, and I can do something about the outcome...
This...THIS...oh, the waiting is so painful. I sit here today...a day I was so looking forward to last week, and yet it's a difficult day. I have nothing to preoccupy myself with...no studying, no preparing, those familiar things that I had to give my emotions some rest from the waiting, are over and here I sit...thinking, wondering, hoping, praying. The outcome is out of my control. I sit at "the door" of this "event" waiting to be called in, waiting for my turn. Those last few minutes that I had before the exam and before the interview, filled with prayer, thoughts about my preparation, hopeful expectation...those were minutes, short-lived...easy. For this, the minutes have turned into days. They are definitely filled with prayer, thoughts about our preparation, hopeful expectation...constantly companioned with the question WHEN, WHEN, WHEN. This wait is not so easy...
I just read a blog from another family from CWA who is adopting from Ethiopia. They got their paperwork done in the beginning of May. They received their referral one month ago. We got our paperwork done in the middle of May. We are still waiting....
So close, so close...
Praying for you, Shan. I'm going to be cliche` with you because I know how much love it (ha!) but... God's got it ALL in His timing. I know you know that - it just came to my mind as I read your blog and thought I'd share. Love and miss you LOTS!
ReplyDeleteThis is so well written, I felt like I was right there with you in that picture of waiting at "the door." God bless you, you'll make it through this. And you'll be that much stronger when you walk through the doorway! God is the one in control, always, always. Every day is one step closer...
ReplyDelete