& 
(for mom...enjoy the number pics. )
Weeks 22 & 23
I have definitely neglected the blog for the past couple of weeks...purposely. There is nothing new, and it was depressing to face the blog to post about nothing. I thought for sure we would hear something by the end of last week and was so disappointed by the end of the week. I don't know what's going on over there for our referral to be taking so long, but it sure is frustrating. Our first "hope" was when we were told when we first got on the waiting list that it would be around late summer/early fall. When we were getting into the latter time frame for that, I got antsy and called our case manager for that and several other reasons. Almost three weeks ago, she was thinking that we would be getting the referral at least by the end of last week...thus the major disappointment I felt on Thursday and Friday when we heard nothing. I have tried this week to not think about it as much and to not expect anything any more...I am tired of setting myself up for disappointment. But, it's so hard. Every day between 2-4, I can't help but think about the possibility of getting the call. So, we wait and wait...
BUT, on to some GOOD news. I got a job!! My first REAL job! My first REAL job that I am wholly excited about starting! Obviously I am a little excited. It's a part-time position with Lutheran Social Services. I will be working in the adoption program part-time while I build up a client base for counseling. The counseling will take place in a couple area Lutheran churches where they hope to create a strong partnership and relationship. There are so many great things about this job. As I have told several people, if I had to write a job description of the "perfect job," this would come pretty close to fulfilling it. I start on Monday. I will continue to fulfill my obligation to my current job with IWU through December and juggle both jobs during that time (both are part-time, 20 hrs/wk). It's only six weeks, so I don't think it will be too bad...it can't be nearly as bad as all the juggling I had to do for grad school. Obviously, another good thing about this is that is something else to keep me occupied...but, I am glad that it's not "just" to keep me occupied. So, as we continue to wait on the adoption, I see God's faithfulness in other areas of my life, and for that, I am so thankful.
YAH! for your new job. You're going to be fabulous. We're really excited for you. Still praying....lots of love. Dan and Lori
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry the waiting is taking so long... it must be so discouraging. I'm sure that call will come before you know it! Still praying for you and little J.
ReplyDeleteHi, Shanna! I'm so glad you posted on our blog. I can't wait to be able to read through your blog. A few of us have set up a "support group" via e-mail to share/encourage/etc. If you want to be a part, just send me your e-mail. Here is mine lefevre1226@gmail.com
ReplyDeleteStay encouraged. I keep trying to focus on the fact that God is in control. This is truly an exercise in trust, isn't it?!