Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Busy, Busy, Busy

Life these days has been quite crazy. I feel like I am either on the phone scheduling an appointment, going to an appointment, or figuring out insurance because of all of these appointments...or the myriad of other things you do at home with a baby. Levi has been doing so great, but he still is behind in a lot of areas for his age. But, when I look back at our time in Ethiopia where he was basically just laying there, very little movement of hands and legs and not babbling very much, he has already come a long way. To continue to help him along, we are going to be working with an OT and PT from 1st Steps. I want to say, to those of you who may be reading this who are also adopting and you are from Indiana - you should visit Riley Children's Post-Adoption clinic for an evaluation when you get home. They have been a major lifesaver and have already helped in so many ways that our regular pediatrician couldn't and they were the ones that suggested we get help through the 1st Steps program. While I feel like we are making progress, I feel there are so many issues to attend to as well. We will be getting an MRI next week, we need to schedule a visit with an eye doctor, as well as begin our weekly OT and PT sessions, all of this on top of the normal well-baby checks and normal stuff. It's a lot. And while I know it's helpful for Levi, it also stinks that he needs all of this stuff and it kind of bums me out. But on the bright side, I do believe it's temporary and with all of the help he will be getting, I think he will catch up to where he needs to be. Regardless, he is one happy baby and he brings out a smile from just about anyone he meets...who could resist this?



3 comments:

  1. What a sweet smile! Thanks for sharing, Shanna!

    It is so great that you have so many resources as your fingertips.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute new header! And cute little dude! We should get together again some time when you are not busy coming from or going to or scheduling an appointment! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shanna-thanks for sharing your journey. I love reading about how God is working in your life and laying a Godly foundation for your son!

    ReplyDelete