Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day

Well, it's been awhile, but I couldn't not write about Mother's Day. Obviously, it was a special day with it being my 1st Mother's Day. However, it was much more special because Levi was dedicated at our church. I might be a little biased, but I am pretty sure he was the cutest little man up there. We had him in his traditional Ethiopian outfit so that we were able to incorporate something from his birth country in celebrating this special day. Both sides of our family were able to be there with us and enjoy this occasion (but we definitely missed Nate's sis, Christen, & her husband, Tony). It was quite amazing...there were around 18 babies up there for the dedication. Levi is part of a large "class" at our church and we are blessed to be surrounded by friends with little ones Levi's age. I look forward to watching them grow together.

So...thoughts on Mother's Day...

People kept asking me how I was feeling about celebrating my first Mother's Day. I honestly felt like it was more a celebration of God's gift to us, Levi, rather than me being his mom. I just truly felt so joyful at the blessing that Levi is to me and so fortunate that I get to be his mommy. He makes my "job" easy and so enjoyable. He has an infectious smile that is absolutely irresistible, even on the worst of days (which aren't often). What can I say...I am completely head over heels for my little man.

I am having trouble getting my camera to download photos to the computer, so I stole this from my sister's Facebook profile pic...it's of her and Levi in his dedication outfit (don't worry, the sunglasses stayed in the diaper bag until after service for the photo ops you see here...would've been a little inappropriate for the occasion :) The sunglasses are compliments of my brother and sister in law...too cool!


No comments:

Post a Comment