This year, Christmas is a lot different in the Conner house. I told my mother-in-law, Christmas is a lot more fun with kids! As I got all the Christmas decorations out, I was thinking a lot about this time last year. I remember feeling and writing about not "feeling" in the Christmas spirit. As I look back, I know it was "okay" to have those feelings in some ways, but I am also able to see that those feelings were a bit selfish...Christmas is not about me. Christmas is not about kids. Christmas is about CHRIST. I continue to learn "little" lessons like these throughout this journey and am thankful that the Lord is patient and abounding in loving-kindness to me. And while we wait and pray for our newest Conner addition and wish he (or she) was with us, I look forward to many Christmases with him in the future and teaching him the true meaning of Christmas.
Anyway...to the pictures. We decided to get a "real" Christmas tree this year. I think it was a good (and fun!) decision. It really is my favorite tree we have had of our 7 Christmases together. We went to pick it out...and the whole 20 minutes of picking it out and paying for it must have been taxing on the little guy because he fell asleep within minutes when we got back in the car. Here are some pictures to tell of our Christmas tree fun...
Levi and Daddy browsing the trees
The Tree!
Tree shopping is tiring work!
It took me several hours, a trip to Wal-Mart for more lights, and about 12 strands to finally have the tree all lit like I wanted (well, almost...had to skimp on the top as I could've used one more strand). Notice what's on the TV??
Admiring the beauty! He actually isn't that interested in it. He pretty much ignores it except when I take him up to it so he can feel the branches. It's a great tactile object for his left hand.
I am so ready to see you all... and I LOVE these pics of you guys getting your tree!!! =)
ReplyDelete