Friday, January 13, 2012

Independence

Wow...what a difference a couple of weeks can make.  I am very proud and excited and humbled and grateful for the great progress we have seen in Levi the last few weeks.  God is extremely good and faithful.  Two of our biggest challenges - walking and eating - have seen quite a bit of improvement.  Levi is feeding himself with a spoon all by himself.  Yes, it's messy, but he is eating at an age-appropriate level! Simply amazing.  Probably even more exciting is that Levi is starting to use his gait trainer with purpose...meaning that he is willfully moving  it to go forward.  This is just absolutely thrilling! We have had that trainer for over 6 months and have not seen hardly any progress over that whole time.  I have had it in the house, out in the garage, taken it to Bible Study, driven it two hours to my parents' house, down the road to Nate's parents' and been completely frustrated and baffled by it and now, in a matter of days, Levi is learning to move his feet and body to move the trainer to get to a desired location (food is a great motivator!).  I wish I could upload a really great video I got of him walking, but I think the file is just too big.  So, you'll just have to trust me and be excited anyway! It's just been so amazing and humbling to see God work in Levi's little body and I couldn't be more thankful for the progress we continue to see.  Thank you for your continued prayers!!

3 comments:

  1. Levi!!!! Way to go little man!! We are celebrating with you guys from the snowy North with tears of joy and thanksgiving to God. :) We can't wait to see these amazing milestones in person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is so fantastic!!!!! just Monday I could feel the frustration in your voice that that gait trainer wasn't the tool you hoped it would be for Levi yet, still more of a frustration. So I was so excited to read this update and hear of his progress! So wonderful! Praise the Lord. He is in each step.

    love and continued prayers,

    jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. We were so excited to hear about this! I loved hearing about his continuing growth towards independence from his grandma Conner yesterday... it put a smile on our faces for an hour! Can't wait to see them again soon.

    ReplyDelete