Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Reality?

I have been thinking for quite some time about "life after the airport."  I feel like there is an underground insurgence about the reality or fairy tale of adoption.  It's kind of annoying.  If you talk about the hard stuff, you are complaining.  If you focus on the positive, you aren't telling the "real" story.  I have tried to keep a balance of honesty and reality about our adoption journeys.  No, not every day is sparkles and sunshine.  But, not every day is tantrum and tears.  For me, I have realized that I can't necessarily blog about the "tantrum and tears" days until they are a shadow of the past.  It's too raw and too fresh.  I can eventually share them, but I realize that I need to sort out what I am going through on my own before exploding on a blog and say things that I wish I wouldn't have.  Then I can filter actual reality from what my inaccurate and frustrated feelings are telling me.  It doesn't mean we don't have hard times, but if I focus on those, then I can begin to live a "reality" that's not TRUTH.  And that TRUTH is that, despite whatever hard times we face as an adoptive family, we are truly blessed to have each other and I find it my greatest privilege to be Mom to the two boys that God has given me through the gift of adoption.

1 comment:

  1. Beautifully put and with a wisdom that only comes from our gracious Heavenly Father. (Mom)

    ReplyDelete