Tuesday, July 7, 2009
A Great Idea
So, I was checking my email with my friend, Molly, and I received an email from a family friend about the quilts. She was talking about how her daughter, a teacher, made a quilt with her class, having each student write with fabric marker on one square of the quilt. From that, Molly came up with a great idea!! (Thanks for the inspiration, Melodie!!) Here's the idea: A prayer quilt for Baby J! Nate and I truly want to know who is praying for us and our son. Each one of you are important and an encouragement to us in our journey. We would like to have a tangible way to show our son the love, care, and prayers that covered him while he was in Ethiopia. I would love to hang this quilt above his bed as a reminder to him of all of the people that loved him and prayed for him as we anxiously awaited his arrival into our family. So, what does this mean for you?? We would like to send you a square of fabric to write your prayers and/or thoughts for him. Once I have all of the squares back, I will piece it together and hang it above his bed. I am so excited!!!! It will be such an encouragement to us as we wait and such a testimony to share with Baby J as he gets older. In order for this to work smoothly, I think the best thing would be for you to let me know if you would like me to send you a square. Please include your address in a comment (or you can send me an email) and I will send you a piece of fabric. I will also include directions with the fabric square so you'll know what kind of marker to use, how much space to leave on the edges, etc. (Don't get overwhelmed...it will be fun!!) We just want to hear from your heart! Oh, I am so excited!! Looking forward to hearing from you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What a wonderful idea! Count us in! We are praying for Baby J... but don't you think in order for us to properly write a message on the square that we should know his full name? :) j/k You can't blame me for trying. Love you!
ReplyDeleteWoo hoo!! Send me a square! What a fantastic idea! Do you need my address? Let me know, and I'll email it to you. Love you!
ReplyDelete~Katrina :)
what a great idea! I'd love to do a square,
ReplyDelete- jen
I'd love to write a message to let Baby J know how much he's loved already. Send me a square!
ReplyDeletewe're happy to do a square if you want to send one all the way across the world :)
ReplyDeleteBless you Shanna and Nate!