Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Weeks 9, 10, & 11

Things have been pretty busy on my end...hence the lack of posts for three weeks. I was in Colorado for eight days with my family and am home only to get ready to leave on Friday for Wyoming for another nine days. It is busy, but it has been fun and I am looking forward to a great backpacking trip at Wind River Range in Wyoming.

On the adoption front...still no news. I will let you in on a little secret about me...when I get anxious, sometimes I avoid. So, I will admit part of my non-posting is a small result of the anxiousness I am starting to feel as we anticipate THE phone call. We did find out that the court will be closed from August 22 to October 6. They will be hearing all open cases up until that point and any families receiving referrals during the court closure will be placed in waiting, I believe in the order they are received, to be heard when court reopens. Basically, this doesn't change anything on our end because we have not received our referral yet and we knew that the court would be closing. We have been waiting so long, some days it all doesn't seem real, like the days will never occur when we will enjoy having our son. But, I know it will...patience, patience, patience. When we started back in January, I definitely thought we would have him home by now, and at the very least know him. The thought that it could be the beginning of next year, one whole year after we started this process is hard to believe. We will see...

**Also, I am still going to do the quilt, but with my traveling I will not be getting to it until I get back. If you are still interested in being a part of the prayer quilt (don't be shy) please let me know. We will also continue to take donations for the orphanage up until we leave, so if you have any donations, please let us know. **

1 comment:

  1. We want you to know that we are thinking of you during this time. We know exactly what you are going through and let me tell you from experience....it is so worth the wait. God has a plan and He knows your child and the match will be perfect. Praying for you guys...

    ReplyDelete