Thursday, November 12, 2009

Week 26



I was hoping that I would get an extra special gift today, but it wasn't meant to be. I'm okay with that. I have had a real sense of peace over the last few weeks. I do know that we are getting closer every day, and while it hasn't been in my time, God has been teaching me so much and I know that He is good and faithful. As I look forward to this next year, I know it's going to bring lots of changes...I've been waiting to be a mom for so long and I can look forward to this year with certainty knowing that this is the year that God will fulfill that longing as He has a special baby boy chosen just for us. There have been some difficult times, but God has used every year, every moment to make me who I am today and to prepare me not only for motherhood, but more importantly to be a better servant for Him. I thank Him for His continued faithfulness and the many blessings He has graciously given me.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, Shanna! I was hoping, too! But, you are right. God does have a special day, and it will be SOON! I can't wait to hear. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've grown so much Shanna my dear...I love reading your posts and hearing how much God is working in you. We need to get another book soon too...maybe after Thanksgiving?!
    XOXO-Lori

    ReplyDelete