Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Weeks 24 & 25

AND

Well, things continue to change for me on the work front, even though not much is changing or progressing with the adoption. I started my job last week with Lutheran. I have so much to learn! From a personal perspective, I had some pretty good understanding and perspective of the complexity of adoption, but it is even more complex (or a different type of complexity) from a professional perspective. There are so many different scenarios that we face as an agency and knowing what to do ethically and legally in those situations is crucial. I think it's going to be exciting, challenging, rewarding, frustrating, overwhelming, and probably much more that I can't even imagine as an early practitioner. However, my main job will eventually be mostly counseling, but while I build my client base (probably for a few months), I will continue to enjoy working in the adoption department. So far, I am enjoying the job and enjoying getting to know my co-workers.
In other exciting news (exciting to me, at least)...I am now a licensed therapist in the state of Indiana!! Wooohooo! I found out yesterday that I passed the exam and am now listed as an LMFTA (Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist Associate) on Indiana's government licensing page. Hooray!
It's been a long process for me in this journey to become a counselor. So much has happened since Nate and I got married almost seven years ago, when I was attending Purdue to become a teacher. I am so glad God circumvented that plan, and He has been so faithful in guiding me through to where I am now. If you asked me seven years ago if this was part of my plan, I probably would have thought you were crazy, but I can't imagine being any more content in serving in any other professional area. As Nate and I were reflecting last night after hearing the news, this continues to remind us both that God does have a plan, even if it doesn't make sense or seem that clear in the midst of the journey.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Shanna! I am sure it will be interesting to work in this area while going through a similar-maybe--process.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exciting to read how God is drawing you and Nate closer to Him. Congrats on your graduation and new job!
    Love from down under~

    ReplyDelete