Yesterday marked six months of being home with Levi. It's kind of amazing to think about. So much has happened in the span of six months and our life has changed so much. I can hardly remember what life was like before. Looking back, in a lot of ways, I feel like Levi was like a newborn when we first met him and brought him home. Although he was five months, he wasn't doing many of the things typical of a five month old. So to see the progress that he has made in the past six months is so encouraging and amazing when we think back to where he was. Today he had therapy and our therapist said she would characterize him as an official sitter now. That is a big milestone for him and speaks volumes on the development and strength of his torso, which is probably his weakest area. We are so grateful for the joy that he has brought us and continues to bring us. It is easy to forget that he has CP because we just see him as Levi and doing the things that he is doing in his own time. I am so thankful for that and for the way God continues to work in our lives.
Here are a few pics (thanks to www.christenbphotography.com) from our arrival 6 months ago:
What a sweet, but exhausting day that was. I feel like it was a lifetime ago! It is definitely a day that I will never forget. That little boy has changed my life forever. Not a day goes by that he doesn't make me smile, whether it's at his infectious giggle or the discovery of being able to make various noises with his mouth or the way he kicks his legs when he gets so excited. I am always amazed at how such a little boy can have so much personality. He is such a joy to me and I am so proud and grateful to be his momma.
Can't believe it has been 6 months!!! He looks so little in those pictures...amazing how much he has changed and grown. What an exciting milestone to have Levi an official "sitter" :) Love you guys! Molly
ReplyDelete