Looking Back...
After receiving confirmation that the family had chosen us to be Machiah's parents, we weren't exactly sure how many days it would take to get the paperwork done. But, once we found out he was going to be our son, we couldn't wait to get him home as soon as possible! (I guess, though, it couldn't be anything but quick, relatively speaking, given the circumstances.) The call came in the middle of Levi's physical therapy session, so good thing my mom was here as a back up, just in case something like this occurred. I quickly called Nate (or was he the one that called me?) and he came home. Off we went to meet our son, contemplating on the hour drive the amazing events that had transpired in just 10 short days. We were sure that this is what we wanted and were supposed to do, but we had some concerns about the speed of the events and not having time to prepare ourselves fully or, especially, Levi. All those thoughts that probably many parents expecting their second child face, bouncing throughout our minds, without much time to really digest them all...Is this too soon for Levi? Is this too soon for us? How will Levi adjust? Will we be able to give Levi the time and attention he needs and tend to the time and attention of a newborn? Can we do this? Are we crazy? (I felt like we were slightly crazy!) These and many other questions flew through our minds, not just on that day, but throughout the course of the 10 days from when we received the call to even the few days after we brought Machiah home. But, through the questions and the doubt, we had an underlying sense that this was right...that Machiah belonged in our family. And that couldn't be more true. I simply cannot imagine our life without him. Levi and Machiah are the best of buds (on most days) and he brings so much joy and laughter to our family.
I love being able to tell our story and share how beautifully and miraculously God has written it. I have no doubt that Levi and Machiah were perfectly chosen to be brothers through God's divine wisdom. Our God is so wise and so loving and full of grace to give Nate and I such wonderful sons. We are eternally grateful and look forward to seeing how God will continue to write our story and see what (who?) He has for us in the years to come.
Coming home...
Proud Mommy...
and Daddy!
Lev, meet your brother!
Thank you, Lord, for our sweet Machiah!
No comments:
Post a Comment