So, we are on to week three...Last week my mom came to help me paint Baby J's room. Oh, I just LOVE the color!! She also came up with a great idea for this bookshelf that has 2 broken drawers.
We are going to take out the broken drawers, put a bottom in the drawer slot and put baskets in there.
We will still have the top of the shelf for books and then there will also be a bottom drawer. Of course, I will post pictures when I have completed the project, but right now, you see the shelf with all of my school books and the drawers in it. I am thinking of making this the reading nook and putting my rocking chair (yet to buy) next to it. The picture to the right is looking at the room from the entry. My mom made the curtain which will match the rest of the bedding, which she is also making. How lucky am I?? You can't really tell, but the strings hanging down are polkadots,
and the background of the fabric is the color of the wall.
This is a diaper holder that will sling over the crib. I love it!! Don't you wish you had a personal seamstress? And, of course, what is a diaper holder without the diapers?? These diapers are definitely booty-licious!! Thanks to Lynsey for the introduction into the world of cloth diapers...I finally took the plunge! These are definitely not the cloth diapers Nate and I ran around in when we were babies!
So, it has taken me quite awhile to post all of these pictures, so I will not be giving you a Wacky Wednesday fact from Ethiopia. However, I will tell you that we will be starting to collect items to take with us to the orphanage when we pick up Baby J. We will be speaking to our ABF class about it in a few weeks, but if you are interested in donating, we would love to be the carrier of the goods! Also, we received some information about a "village" that CWA is building called Acacia Village. It is an awesome project they are doing in Ethiopia, and among many other things, they will be building a healthcare facility for mother's and children. It will provide access to women's healthcare resources that you and I take for granted every day, but in Ethiopia, they cannot afford. Anyway, I don't like asking for money, and obviously it's not for us, but if you are interested in the details or helping out with this project, let me know or click on the link (Acacia Village). It is definitely a worthy cause to support if you are looking for one.
Is that a Blueberry minkee (chocolate with dots) that I spy?? JEALOUS!
ReplyDelete