Wow...week 5 flew by and now we are already halfway into week 6! I started this post on Thursday, but our internet went down, and I have been staying pretty busy. I have started sewing for the blankets we will be taking with us to give to the orphanage. It has been a LONG time since I broke out the sewing machine. It was a rough start: about a dozen (or more) phone calls to my mom (thanks MOM!!), two bent needles and a trip (or two or three) to Michael's to replace them and get things we didn't know we needed, and watching the awesome VHS tape (there is no written manual) just trying to figure out the bobbin holder and threading the machine. But, all that is behind us and I now know how to properly work my machine so we are good to go. (All you domesticated sewing divas...major props to you!) So, my friend Molly and I have been slaving away all week, and we finally finished the first quilt! Yeah! I must say it is pretty good for our lack of expertise. We make a pretty good team!

TA-DAH!! The finished product! :)
Also, I spoke with our Case Manager for about 45 minutes on Friday afternoon and got caught up on some general information that helps us better understand the process we are into as we wait as well as some information regarding bringing our son home. I don't have time to post about that today, but I will write about it the next opportunity I get. So, we have to skip this week's lesson in exchange for pictures on our quilting project, but I didn't think you'd mind. :) It keeps things interesting!
I recognize that green leaf fabric- I made a skirt for Annabel out of it!! :) Your quilt looks awesome, by the way!
ReplyDelete