Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Still waiting on a court date

It's been a little while since I posted, so I thought I would write a quick post letting you know where things stand. We are still waiting on a court date...quite a bummer considering we were hoping to have one in the first or second week of January. I am doubting that will happen as we haven't even heard any word about getting assigned yet. I called our case manager on Wednesday (Dec. 23) as she had told us we might hear something by that time, and I wanted to see what was going on as things seemed to have slowed down once again. She said that they are doing work on the court house in Addis, therefore, they have not been able to schedule new dates and have even had to delay ones that have been scheduled due to the construction. Grr! I am assuming this puts our court date somewhere from middle to late January, and we may not be traveling until late February/early March. Booo!

I have been reading quite a bit in the meantime...everything from dealing with attachment to adoption memoirs to theology on adoption. I have definitely been learning so much...and building up quite a nice library on adoption! I thought I might go back and start doing some books reviews, as much or more for my sake as I reflect on what I have read and a little for you, my loyal reader(s?) (HI MOM!), to give you a glimpse into the things I'm learning. It may help give you some perspective on the many things that I am processing and the way that we approach parenthood as we bring Levi home. Hopefully more to come on this...

And P.S. I am SO thankful for a few days away with my best friend and husband, celebrating seven years of marriage. We have been making an annual trip to Chicago the last four years and had another enjoyable time this year. We definitely talked a lot about the differences around the corner this next year and are excited to see what God does with our lives in the next several years. Our lives are about to change drastically! But, we have been blessed with seven years to enjoy with just the two of us and are ready for this next chapter in our lives. Looking forward to year #8!!

No comments:

Post a Comment