We have definitely been busy over the past two weeks since we received our referral. I completely cleared out his room once again of all the "extra" stuff that was in there and we put the hutch on top of the changing table, which we just love. So, his room is ready for arrival, except for adding all the clothes, diapers, etc.
Speaking of diapers, I spent quite a bit of time one afternoon researching cloth diapers and I finally feel like I have a pretty good handle on what we want to use. I am looking forward to a cloth diaper shower that my sister-in-law is hosting for Nate's side of the family in a couple weeks!! I have definitely had a few skeptics about the "certainty" of me actually doing cloth diapers, but if anyone knows me well, you know that if you challenge me on something, I am going to do my best to prove you wrong! :) So, I definitely have complete determination to figure this out and make it work for us. hehe!
We started registering this weekend, which we both really enjoyed. It is definitely a little overwhelming at first, especially because the suggested lists that each store has is geared toward bringing home a newborn, which obviously is understandable. So, we are trying to figure out exactly what we need for Baby J andwhat is appropriate for his age when we bring him home. The hardest thing that we've been trying to decide on is the necessary feeding things...bottles, cups, spoons, etc. and what we need when. I just want to make sure we have everything we need for the trip...it's not like we can bring a bunch of things to try out or run to the nearest Wal-Mart if we forget something. So, we've got a bit more researching to do on how best to prepare for travel and to make sure we get everything necessary for our first few days as parents, and more importantly in a foreign country.
We are definitely excited and some days seem more real than others. We did receive another update from our case manager today and we know that he is growing...he has gained a little over 4 lbs in the last month or so (weighed 9.9 lbs on Friday), which we were very glad to hear about. So, we are just waiting for a few more things and then hopefully we will be given our court date. Yay!
you guys are going to do great! If you ever want any advice on what to get/what not to get, let me know.
ReplyDeletehugs and prayers!
Great to hear about your journey and what an awesome praise that baby J is growing so well!! Will keep him and y'all in our prayers :)
ReplyDeleteDitto to what Jen said. :)
ReplyDeleteSo happy for you guys!!
-Sarah