Tuesday, February 16, 2010

God is good

We have been pretty busy getting our house ready - rearranging closets and organizing a little better, making more cabinet space in the kitchen, doing the pre-travel running around to get random stuff done. It's all but official that we will have the March 9 embassy date. We have Levi's birth certificate and he got his embassy medical today. Our case manager told us that we could go ahead and book our flights and stuff to travel for that date. Whew! So much to do, so much to process...the wait has been so long and I can't believe it is almost over and a new journey will soon begin. So looking forward to it.

Just wanted to share something else -

God works in amazing ways. Nate and I both lost a grandfather within the last year or so. God has uniquely connected Levi to both of these cherished men. Levi shares the same birthdate (Oct. 12) as Nate's Grandpa Morin, and our embassy date, March 9, is my Granddad's birthdate. Kind of like two bookends to this adoption journey - I see this as God going before us and hemming us in. I have seen God's hand so evident throughout the adoption process, but none clearer than this. We are so thankful for these connections and for the clear evidence of God working in and through this adoption. We are truly blessed.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah--so happy for you to be able to book tickets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that God is at work even we sometimes don't think He is. March 9th is my father's birthday too. Even though we are on hold right now, I have felt a peace this week that God is working and soon we will proceed. Best wishes to you as you prepare for your trip.

    ReplyDelete