Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Tick Tock Tick Tock

Oh my word...time is barely moving. It is so frustrating to be on this side of the wait. Many people asked if it was hard when we got our referral - not to say it wasn't, but this is no comparison. I think a lot of it was, I had some sort of perspective of the wait I had ahead, all the various processes we needed to go through. Now, I have no idea what is taking so long for us to get our Embassy date - the last, seemingly insurmountable hurdle in this endless process. My heart aches. Lots of baby stuff around our house, sitting forlornly in the corners seem only to be reminders that our baby boy is not with us right now. Today is one of those days where I feel like we have been in this adoption process for years and we are never going to be done, like this illusive dream...I know that's ridiculous and we are right there but this wait for our embassy date is agonizing. We are now into our 4th week of waiting when our case manager said we would hear within two weeks of passing court....ugh. I am really hoping to hear something tomorrow...

1 comment:

  1. I am praying for you during this "wait". Oh..this process is filled with waits and I am tired of them too. We are still waiting on our court date and I know that after you have passed court, the waiting must be even harder. Hope you hear something this week...

    ReplyDelete