Sunday, October 17, 2010

Organization

So, I kind of need to start getting my life a little bit more organized. I am not necessarily a messy person and my house stays generally clean, but I would like to have a little more order and routine (and I'm not a routine kind of person!). I figure I better start getting things in order now before #2 arrives (I know I've got awhile). But having to deal with all of the paperwork for adoption #2 is a bit overwhelming and requires extreme organization and with that being somewhat overwhelming, I feel like if I have a sense of organization in other areas of my life, I might feel a little better. So, here's the plan: I have decided to try the week schedule for cleaning my house (i.e Mondays: laundry). Hopefully this will not only help me get things done but keep me accountable for the things I don't like doing (ahem...dusting). Also, I am (once again) trying to plan out meals for the week and trying to be a bit more frugal in the grocery shopping department. I am not too bad at this and I always (or almost always) go with a list, but I don't go as often as I probably should and the last few days before shopping end up being pretty sparse in the fridge (or mean eating out). So, we will see how this new plan goes. It could be interesting and will definitely be a challenge for my go-with-the-flow, inwardly organized personality (as opposed to calendar carrying, everything-in-its place personality)*. Day 1 of outward organization: grocery list and menu planned, check!

*Yes, I am aware I used a lot of parentheses for this post...and people say I should write. Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment