Thursday, January 13, 2011

Still Growing

Oh, boy. It's been awhile. I am still trying to get back in the swing of things since the holidays. (I know - it's already mid-January!) As for what's going on in our lives: progress, progress, progress! Levi had eye surgery last week and is doing really well. His eyes look great, and although the right eye sometimes drifts in, it is an amazing difference. In the past week, Levi seems to have grown leaps and bounds. Finally seeing the fruits of all his hard work in all of this therapies. In the two weeks (three if you count today) that we have had speech therapy, Levi has already added to his vocabulary the word "doggie," "hi," and is signing "more." This week we are working on adding, "milk," "mommy," "daddy," and "play." We count signing or saying as his word, although I think he much rather prefers talking over signing, but we shall see. I have been signing with him since about a month or so after he came home, so to see some communication through signing makes me very happy. You might wonder why we continue to sign if we don't think he likes it....well, he has such difficulty making words due to the weakness of his mouth that this is just another way to help him communicate. However he wants to do it is fine with us, so we will just continue to encourage both. As of yesterday, Levi is now 15 months. He is growing so quickly and is looking more like a toddler every day. I told Nate yesterday that I am sort of glad to see the baby stage go, as it kind of wore out its welcome. I want Levi to moving and talking for his sake, so to see big steps in that direction has just been so enjoyable to watch. We are definitely having fun!

Levi standing with no help! Such a huge praise!
As far as our second adoption, we are pretty much at a standstill. Our home study and supporting documents were submitted to our agency just before Christmas. They had a few changes they wanted to see in the home study, and until that is complete, we cannot move forward. We have to have our home study to submit our paperwork for Baby #2's visa and that is the next step. Again, slowly but surely. I feel like after we get that in, we won't be to o far from joining the waiting list, and that will be so exciting and a big relief!

Levi loves spending time with his best buds!

Oliver and Levi
Levi and Elias
(We will have to get matching PJs for them, too!)

1 comment:

  1. We are celebrating with you as Levi continues to make progress in so many ways. What a joy! Great to see his little buddies, too. Cute pictures. Love you. MOM C.

    ReplyDelete