We also went back to Riley yesterday (and get to go again next week...three weeks in a row! yay for $3.50+ gas) for Levi's second post-op visit. Although the doctor is please with the results of the surgery, Levi's eyes still has some slight crossing and they want us to start patching for 2 hrs a day. Wasn't exactly expecting that. And I am sort of confused on which eye needs to be patched because what the doctor sees is Levi's left eye and I always think it's his right eye that tends to drift more...gonna have to call him back about that. The reason for the patching is to make sure the eyes are used equally and he doesn't begin favoring one eye over the other and lose strength in the weaker eye. I know it's necessary, but I don't like it...and obviously Levi's not a big fan.
On the adoption front, we sent in our application & requirements to USCIS for the visa application. The process from here:
-wait on a fingerprint appointment (about 4-6 wks)
- get fingerprints
- finish the dossier (we are almost done)
- get on the waiting list
So, basically, we aren't too far away and it's mainly a matter of waiting on our stuff to get through USCIS. That's where things stand for now and in the meantime, I will try to keep my head on straight as we pull through these next few weeks of doctor's appointments. Next week will be a biggie as we visit Levi's developmental pediatrician (more or less his "lead" doctor). We have a lot of things to discuss with her, some more minor and a few major things, so we would appreciate your prayers.
Levi says, "Hi!"
Shanna,
ReplyDeleteBJ's niece just went through the patching, and it really made a huge difference. She hated it at first, but she got used to it. I pray that Levi has similar results!
Nicole