Wednesday, March 30, 2011

One Week

It's been one whole week since the addition of the Little One.  It has been a really good week and has actually gone smoother than I expected.  A lot of that is due to the amount of help I am getting with meals, my mom and grandma coming, Steve & Jada around last week and Nate taking time off work.  We are slowly making our way into the "new normal" and today is my first full day alone with my TWO boys. Nate took a half day yesterday and Monday, so it was nice to get a feel for things before having to dive in completely.

My mom and I took the boys on our first outing together.  It was quite the event.  It's a lot of work getting two non-walking kiddos ready to go and into the car.  However, it was a success!  We went to the mall to pick up some much needed shades for our living room.  Both boys did great - Machiah slept from the moment we put him in the car to about 20 minutes after we got home. Levi enjoyed being out and about and sharing the cinnamon sticks with mommy from the mall. :)  I'm currently kind of stuck at home - I can't really go anywhere because the double stroller won't fit in my car. (And I really can't go anywhere w/o the double stroller because it's impossible to carry them both!) We are trying to find a good deal on a nice van with low miles, so hopefully that will happen sooner than later.  I have to borrow my mom's Jeep for Friday - I have an 8:15a check-up for Machiah with our pediatrician and then have to get over to Levi's swim therapy by 9:30.  That should be interesting! It's the new normal!

I have some updating on the Ethiopian adoption front and on Levi's progress/therapy/etc, but it will have to wait for another time.  Here are a few pictures for you to enjoy...


I am going to *try* to take a picture with this stuffed animal each month on the 23rd so we can see his growth.  We will see if I actually remember.

 Levi thinks its so funny to squint when you take his picture. So, most of the time, our first (or second & third) shot looks like this first one...he is so silly. And yes, he is a trend-setter with his wrist bracelet attire.

Workin hard on the crawling in Physical Therapy.

1 comment:

  1. I know you've probably gotten tons of advise, so if you're tired of it just ignore this ;) But my moby wrap saved my life with the second baby. I still don't have a double stroller, b/c I just throw the little one on my back (my front when he was little) and big one in the stroller :) I use an Ergo now that he's older and heavier, but the moby is the way to go with a tiny one. Tons better than a ring sling any day! Congratulations, again!

    ReplyDelete