Well, the results from the trial run of the crawling weren't as spectacular as I had hoped, but we still got some movement. The trouble is, (besides Levi despising it) he wants to turn and roll instead of bringing his other leg up in a bilateral movement. That's ok - it will just take time. He is so used to the turning and rolling movement, it might take awhile to re-train his muscle movement. Regardless, the website is still awesome (our PT even shared it with a few other families when I told her about it) and we have tried a few more trunk strength exercises to continue to develop his walking skills.
If I can ever find our cable that connects our camera to the computer, I have tons of pictures I want to share (Sorry, Christen & Tony!). Levi got a new "toy" (yeah, right!) - it's this giant contraption with a desk (probably made in the 1970's) that helps him stand. This will be great because it will allow him to practice endurance standing without us having to constantly be there to support him. Also, Machiah is almost a sitter! He was able to sit up today for a few minutes without any support - I even had time enough to grab the camera.
That's all for now...
I love the new look and great pictures. Beautiful!
ReplyDelete