Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Therapy

Nate found a really awesome website for developmental delays and exercises to help with various milestones.  It is MilestoneMom.  I haven't searched it completely because he just found it this morning, but apparently it has stuff on there for all types of developmental issues ranging from CP to ADHD to Spina Bifida and more.  It's really pretty cool.  One of the exercises we looked at was to help development toward meeting the milestone of crawling.  (sidenote:  While Levi is mobile, he doesn't crawl.  He has figured out how to get where he wants by rolling -and only one way without using his left arm.  It's pretty interesting and quite amazing to watch him do it because it seems like it's much harder and more work than crawling.)  Anyway, the activity is pretty simple (read about it here).  So, Levi's asleep and I wanted to try it and I thought Machiah was ready.  So, we did it and it worked just as she said!  It's not like Machiah is crawling on his own yet, but I can see how it will develop the motor movements toward that end.  I am sure it won't be as immediate of results with Levi, but I have never been so excited for him to wake up from a nap as I am today.  Ready to try this out with him!  Maybe I will have a follow up post later today.  Either way, for any of you walking a similar road, you should check out the website - it seems totally legit!  Hopefully we will have more posts like this as we try out different exercises and possibly see more improvement.  While Levi still has therapy, we are always looking to try new things at home to add to our repertoire.

1 comment:

  1. Love the pictures/new header. U must have a professional photographer in the family ;). ( mom)

    ReplyDelete