Thursday, July 21, 2011

Where have we been?

My oh my it's been a looooong time.  We have been so busy around here.  What have we been doing, you ask?   Among our 3x weekly therapy, we also are selling our house (lots of work!), Nate's training for a triatholon, and I am training for a marathon (a goal of mine before I turn 30 in Nov!)...not to mention the everyday hubbub of raising two boys!  Needless to say, there is not a lot of extra time around here.  But, I was working on Levi's baby book (finishing it up) and realized how helpful blogging had been to mark momentous (and even the mundane) of his 1st year.  I don't want to miss that for Machiah!  (And, shamelessly, I don't even have his baby book yet! Do you know how difficult it is to find a good baby book without the pregnancy stuff?? not easy) So, even if I have zero people following me, I think I will try to keep blogging just for the sake of keeping memories.

Anyway, I have been cooking up a few posts...so stay tuned for those.  I promise it won't be another two months.  For now, though, I wanted to let you know how Machiah is doing.  He is growing, growing, growing.  He will be 5 months on Saturday (also Nate's birthday!).  I put a 9 month romper on him and was surprised to find it wasn't that big on him.  He is learning how to move and we think he might be crawling in another month or so - we will see.  

Things he loves:  
-His big brother. He loves to watch Levi doing anything and smiles at him constantly.  Levi is still a bit jealous (especially when the grandparents hold Machiah) but he does enjoy interacting with him more and more.
- His bouncer:  He will bounce and bounce and bounce.  He has even fallen asleep in it!
-His crinkly book:  He loves the noise it makes as he holds and moves it around.
-His hands: Machiah constantly has his hands in his mouth, chewing on his fingers

Things he dislikes:
-Being on his back to sleep.  He has learned to roll over from his tummy to his back with no problem but can't figure out how to get back on his belly to sleep.  If this occurs, he will cry and scream until we go up and put him back on his stomach.
-Being interrupted during his feeding.  Therefore, no burps until all 5 oz are gone.
-Being in his carseat.  Which means that our planned driving trip to Colorado turned into a plane trip.

Ok - that's all for now.  Hopefully next time I will have time for a few pictures!

1 comment:

  1. Christen and I will keep following you! Thanks for the update on our nephews... sounds like Machiah is growing like crazy! When are you all going to Colorado?

    ReplyDelete