I have been somewhat down the past couple of days, and I know that there is a lot contributing to my case of the "blahs." Last night, I was confiding to Nate many of the fears that roam about in my brain. Sometimes I get so frozen by the fear of making a mistake or the fear of failure. As I was talking about all of this, Nate shared the following quote with me:
“Our doubts are traitors and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt." - William Shakespeare
My fear keeps me frozen, thinking that by not doing anything or not making a move, I am protected and safe...however, the opposite is true: I am actually taking a greater risk by letting my fear overcome me than I am taking that step forward. My failures are often the greatest moments for God's glory to shine.
No comments:
Post a Comment