Wednesday, February 4, 2009

To be...Or not to be

Well, today was supposed to be our Home Study. Unfortunately that didn't happen. Our case worker called us last night to inform us that she had been called for jury duty. She thought maybe we could fit it in this afternoon if she was able to get out quickly, but sadly that was not the case. We have re-scheduled it for next Wednesday. I am pretty frustrated right now. We did a lot to prepare our home (and our hearts) for today and to have it postponed is quite disappointing to say the least. Nate and I both feel like we have already been through a lot to get to this point...many high hopes and low valleys with very little control over certain events in our lives pertaining to starting a family. I feel like this is another one of those times where hopes were high and we geared ourselves up, only to be disappointed. Intellectually, we realize(d) that there would be moments like this in our journey of adoption, but that doesn't mean that it doesn't hurt. In terms of knowing God is in control, I DO know that, but the highs and lows that come with expectations and disappointments are there all the same. I think that it's okay to feel the emotions that I do right now AND still recognize and understand that God is in control despite these bumps in the road. We are appreciative of the prayers that you sent on our behalf to prepare for today and ask that you continue your prayers over the next week.

1 comment:

  1. Well....Even David (the man after God's own heart) expressed pangs of frustration and disappointment. Hang in there. Isaiah 55:8,9.
    We'll just keep praying and hold onto the belief that, YES, God IS in control!!
    When you look back this will barely be a blip.
    Love, Mom (Gramma..)

    ReplyDelete