There's not a whole lot new going on. Still waiting to hear back from Susie about our home study, but she still has a few weeks until she gets back to us on that. HOWEVER...on the grad school front, I only have 7 weeks left after this week (not that I'm counting or anything)! I just took my very last midterm ever yesterday, and I am not sad about that! I have Spring Break next week, for which I am so ready. It's been a difficult semester. I will say, I have been worried about getting all of my direct hours with clients that are required outside of class time...right now, it is looking pretty good, and I am so thankful for that! That alone is a huge answer to prayer. Even though I would be done with classes but still end up only a few hours short on my client hours, I would not be able to graduate until August. I am feeling pretty good where things stand and am hoping that things will work out for my expected graduation in April. It couldn't come soon enough!!
In my "free" time, I have been working on part of our 10 hours of required training by reading and completing the exam on the giant book Adoption Parenting. I really think they put every negative thing that could ever happen in that book, and although it is informational, for the most part, I have found it a little difficult to read for that very reason. I know that we need to be prepared, but no one wants to hear about every single difficulty you could ever face because that's exactly where your head goes..."Can we do this?", "What if..."
Even though I have these thoughts, I know in my heart of hearts that this is right where God wants us and that He will give us the wisdom and discernment needed for each day. I am so thankful that He has our lives, both present and future, in His hands, and I know if I dwell upon His faithfulness to me in the past I will be comforted as I look toward the future. I think about the Isrealites in their wishy-washy faith in God, despite His faithfulness to them in delivering them from Pharoah. I don't want to be like them as I get to the "promised land" and let my fear overcome where I know He wants to take me. As Joshua took over Moses' leaderhship, God spoke to him saying, " Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous! Do not tremble or be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go." (Joshua 1:9)
Amen!!
ReplyDeleteOh, that was from Katrina :)
ReplyDelete