I have continually thought about "the call" (bet ya didn't know that!) and, as I was running errands this morning, realized that I have been counting on getting the call on a Monday. I don't know why...maybe because over the weekend, my mind settles just a bit, relaxing a little knowing that we won't be called during that time. Come Monday morning, my mind begins to think, "Is TODAY the day?" As I was processing the reality of actually getting the call on a Monday, I began to think that maybe we won't get the call on a Monday. Reason: They probably wouldn't wait a weekend to tell us if they had everything ready. Therefore, they would still have some loose ends to tie up, making a Monday an unlikely candidate for "the call." So...maybe a Tuesday?? (haha) I thought through the options of the likelihood of any of the rest of the days of the week, and to my estimation, Tuesday is my best guest. It may not be this Tuesday...but I will make a guess that the call will happen on a Tuesday. Whaddya think? ;) Any other guesses out there?
This whole rigamarole of going through the days reminds me of an old song (and makes me smile at the memories) we used to sing in church when I was a little girl. "It was on a ___day Somebody touched me...must have been the Hand of the Lord." (Anybody else know/remember the song??) We would go through the days of the week, and people would stand when we sang the day of the week they got saved. Funny, the things we remember. (Nate wasn't familiar with the song, and when I sang it to him, he really got a kick out of it :) Anyway, this song kinda fits for this whole guessing game. I guess the most fitting verse for this situation is the ending when those who don't know what day they got saved stand to this verse: "I don't know what day it was, but Somebody touched me...must have been the Hand of the Lord." Well, it's true...I really have no idea what day it will be when we will get the call, but the Lord does and His Hand will surely be evident on that special day. Can't wait!! :)
I'm going to go with Thursday...no real reason except I consider it the beginning of the weekend, which I know Nate does as well. What a great way to start off your "weekend"! - Lori
ReplyDeleteI am going for a Tuesday. You can ask Nathan about "Tuesdays." MOM
ReplyDelete