Wednesday, August 19, 2009
Week 14
Week 14
We received our weekly update last Friday from our case manager. Things are moving...many families heard good news as their children moved through the various processes that have to occur after referral.
I have been thinking a lot this week and know that God is working to change my attitude about the waiting process. Something my dad said over the weekend has really stuck with me and provided the catalyst for my heart makeover. Dad was just saying how every day brings us closer to the day we will know and meet J. Never will we be any further from the day before. It was kind of an "aha" moment for me. I can keep counting the days of waiting or I can look at it as us being ever closer to "our turn."
So, as God began to open my eyes to this way of thinking, I headed into church. In part of the sermon Pastor Suciu mentioned Job 38-42. I will be honest and say I got a little distracted from the main point of the sermon as I read through these chapters and I have been pondering them ever since. After Job has questioned God with all the suffering that he has been through, God finally speaks up and basically says, "Who are you to question Me?" God then continues to question Job about his understanding of creation and all of the things that we can't even begin to fathom that take place in His creation. I got the message loud and clear: GOD IS IN CHARGE. He knows and has a plan for all things in His creation, from the smallest part of creation to the vast universe. He has things under control and HE CARES!! He is not oblivious to our situation. He knows Nate and I, our thoughts, what we do each day, what we care about AND God knows our son. J is in the best Hands he could be in right now...those of his Creator, and I can wait patiently until the God who intimately loves, knows, and is taking care of our son entrusts him into our earthly care. I am thankful for the truth and peace that we find each day in God's Word and His goodness for giving His Word to us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

"Aha" moments are one of the wonderful blessings from God, and they always seem to show up in the most unexpected moments. I was talking with a friend tonight, and she was telling me that through some difficult parenting that she experiences on a daily basis with her son, she knows that God is building her character and credibility for something in the future. As I read through your posting this week, I think that's the same for you. God is building something in you and Nate through this process that will prepare you for something even bigger in the future....what an exciting thought! We love you-
ReplyDeleteLori