
Week 12...almost 13
Whew! We got home around 7 last night after 24 hours of driving from Yellowstone. As you can imagine, we were all ready to get out of that car. We all had a great time on the trip, and I think if you asked each of us, we would all say we would do it again. The Millers have our pictures and as soon as we get them all together and ready, I will post a few (we have over 200) on the blog. There are some amazing pictures, but they don't do justice to actually being there and seeing them firsthand...definitely the most gorgeous views I have ever seen.
On the adoption front...we are still waiting (not to state the obvious or anything, [ :) ]. We did find out that CWA just partnered with another orphanage in Ethiopia, which is great news. They said they would start making referrals from the new orphanage this week. Maybe that's where Baby J is???
As I am waiting...I definitely didn't think my arms would be empty this fall, much less my schedule. However, God works in His perfect timing and I trust that and I want to use all of my time to honor Him. I will be taking the Marriage and Family Licensure exam somewhere around mid-September to mid-October. I thought I would have to be studying around the sleeping schedule of Baby J, so that is one positive I will take from the waiting. It also looks like there is a part-time position in the same department at IWU that I worked for last year that I will probably be taking. I am excited that I still have those connections at IWU. I really love working in the higher education environment and am looking forward to what may come in the future from the relationships I have made there.
I can't believe it's already by 8 months...from this end, it seems like time has flown by. I'm sure from your end though, the time couldn't go fast enough sometimes. We're continuing to pray for God's perfect timing and patience as he works through this journey. Have a happy day today....be sure to arm yourself with God's truths.
ReplyDeleteLove-Lori