I feel like these last few weeks have been ones of great encouragement. The response to our sharing about Levi's diagnosis has been more than we expected and we are so grateful for the outpouring of support, love, and prayers. I feel like I took a big personal risk in sharing some of my private thoughts and emotions but that risk has been more than worth it. So, a big heartfelt thank you to all of you have spoken to us, written us, or even prayed for us without us knowing. I don't think I realize what a wide circle of friends we have who care so deeply and how, through this crazy blog world, so many people have come to share this journey with us. We are grateful for each of you.
Secondly, even though Levi hasn't achieved a specific milestone, we continue to see more and more progress each week. In the past week or so, he has taken more interest in toys. He loves any kind of response he gets back from a toy, whether from shaking it or if it makes sounds back to him electronically. He is also much more stable. It almost feels like holding a different child because I can carry him with much less support as he is able to hold himself up so much better. In the past couple of days, we have been thinking he might be getting a few teeth. Even though he has been a drool monster for quite awhile (which is actually due to low muscle tone in his cheeks and mouth, rather than the usual telltale sign of teething), I am starting to think he might be getting ready to cut a few teeth. Yay! He is putting more things in his mouth and chewing
furiously on his pacifier, so we will see. So, now hopefully, when people say, "Oh, look at that drool - he must be teething" (for the umpteenth time) I can now agree with them and have some valid proof. :) He is also more engaged in play with us, whether that is reading a book together or anticipating a tickle. I feel like every day we see more of his personality, and if there were one characteristic that best describes him, I would definitely have to say it would be that its his sense of humor. He laughs so much and enjoys being silly. So fun and so sweet!
Levi enjoying his favorite toy:
Awesome! I am so thankful for the ways God provides for our every need. Even using a crazy thing like blogs to provide some encouragement!
ReplyDeleteAnd can I just say... what a stud! Look at how good he's sitting! head held high. way to go Levi!
Shanna-thanks so much for sharing with us-the ups and downs, the emotions all of it. I check your blog on a regular basis and I pray for you and Nate and Levi daily. It was great to see you all at church on sunday and pray for you and your precious family. Levi is such a cutie!!! Love that smile! Know that we care deeply for you guys!!
ReplyDeletePanda and Roger
What an adorable and sweet baby boy! Praise God for the encouragement he has brought when you need it most. Love you guys! ~Molly
ReplyDeleteYeah!! GOOOOOOOO Levi!!!!!
ReplyDeleteA. Karen
He is so cute and such a lucky boy to have the parents an grandparents he has. We think and pray for you all everday. Aunt Pat(Tish) and Uncle Don
ReplyDeleteshanna- i have your blog bookmarked now and love reading all about levi! the web is so awesome! i'm thinking i need to start my own blog so i have an outlet for all my stella stories people get tired of hearing. ha =)
ReplyDeleteanyways, i'm praying for your beautiful boy and i'm so thankful that he has been blessed with such loving and amazing parents such as you two! =)
Emily and Clint