Tuesday, November 23, 2010

One Year Ago

My how things change in a year...it seems a lifetime ago that we saw Levi for the first time. I remember that day so vividly. I was working at IWU and thinking we would get "the call." I got the call late morning in my office, ran out in the common area of our office and was jumping up and down while talking to our case worker. Nate and I decided we wanted to see our son's picture together for the first time, and it just so happened that it was the one day in Nate's typically very flexible job that he couldn't leave (they were going through an audit and were reviewing his files). I left the office for the hour drive home and called our parents to share the
good news. Then began the interminable wait for Nate to get home. I think I waited upwards of two hours, maybe even three...and didn't break our promise and peak at the picture of our son. Finally, Nate got home and we sat down on the couch with the computer (and set up the camera to capture the moment). It was all very surreal. We had waited and anticipated that moment for so long, and there we were, about to see our son on the other side of the world...and then there he was. All 5 lbs of him at 5 weeks old (and I think at least of few of those ounces were from his hair, which isn't surprising as he continues to boast quite a head of hair!).

Oh, what a sweet day and how it changed our lives like we couldn't imagine. God knew we needed this little boy as much or more than he needed us. We are so privileged to be his parents. We love you Levi Bereket!!


1 comment: