We received our initial Home Study report today. Yay! We have to look over it and check for errors...one of which happens to be that they called my mom "janet" instead of Rachelle. Where they got Janet, I have no idea. There were a few other minor mistakes, but overall it looks good. We will be sending them the changes and then they will send the report to CWA for them to look over. Once CWA looks over it and they make any corrections, ASC will write the official report. Hopefully we will have most of our documents for the Dossier and we will then be ready to send the Home Study and Dossier for authentication...wow!
We celebrated tonight with our friends, Dan and Lori, by going out to an Ethiopian restuarant here in FW. It was a small restuarant in downtown. The food was good and the owners were friendly. We got a chance to try the traditional Ethiopian "injera" which is a type of bread that they use to scoop up their food (they don't use silverware). It was definitely different than I expected. The texture is kind of like a thin, soggy pancake, maybe like a crepe. I know that probably doesn't give it a very favorable description, but it's not that bad...it actually has very little flavor, which is not necessarily a bad thing. I'm not sure how to describe the food in general...I guess just full of natural flavor, using various combinations of spices (ginger, cardamom, tumeric, pepper, onion were in almost all of our meals). Anyway, we had a good time, and it was interesting to get to know a piece of our child's culture. I am sure we will become more regular visitors. I am also looking forward to learning how to make a couple of traditional Ethiopian dishes at home!
No comments:
Post a Comment