Friday, March 13, 2009

Training x 10

Nate and I have spent the last couple of nights watching an adoption preparation/training video from CWA. I thought the book would count for several hours, but they are only counting it as two (I don't know who can read that giant book in two hours and take an exam on it, but whatever!) We have two other training requirements that will get us to the ten hours: an adoption video about Ethiopia made by CWA and then an online Hague training. The Hague training is 8 hours worth of material! I have thought if there was some way that one would be required to go through this much training and preparation for a child, there would be a lot less babies in the world! :) I have actually enjoyed the material for the most part, but it is hard to make time for all of this in an already busy schedule. I also thought we had until we left to complete it, but we actually have to have it done in order to complete our Home Study. So, we are trying to get all of it done in the next week or so...we will see.

We have continued to gather the paperwork. I am pretty sure we are almost done and only have a couple of items left to gather...YAY! (But, Nate is "in charge" of that area and has everything tracking on a spreadsheet with time-sensitive dates and lead times...what a good project engineer!)

I have also been shopping around for fabric for the baby's room. I finally decided on a selection of fabrics that I found at Hobby Lobby with some help from my friend Molly. I LOVE it! It is exactly what I was looking for. Both grandmothers (did you "hear" that mom and Jada: say it with me: GRANDMOTHER) are contributing to the project of making a quilt, bumper and dust ruffle for the crib, and curtains. I am excited to start working on it! As we do the more personal things and start to bring home items that are actually for the baby (which, is actually only the fabric and very cute Colts pajama outfit) it brings it a little closer to home. The Colts outfit is hanging in the closet all by itself, but it is so cute and a giant reminder of the changes that will soon be coming to the Conner house. It's kind of shocking to open the door to that little outfit, but I know that when both Nate and I have went to that closet to get something, it has stopped us in our tracks and we have just stood there, pondering the possibilities and changes and the life that will soon fill those cute little pjs.

1 comment:

  1. (From Katrina...I say it at the beginning because I know I'll forget it later!)

    Shanna, I remember doing the same thing with the first piece of clothing that we got before Sophie was born...a cute little Purdue onesie that someone very special bought for us. ;) You will be amazed at how quickly that closet will be filled! Is there any way you can post a picture of the fabric? Or are you going to hold us in suspense until it is completed? Love you, Katrina :)

    ReplyDelete