Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Dreams and other things

I've been having some dreams about meeting our child. Whew. I woke up very early this morning and just began praying right away. As the day draws near, I know my mind is preparing me even when I am not consciously thinking about it. Last night I was just praying specifically for the emotional readiness and adjustment we all will have as we learn to be a family. I would say right now this is my main prayer concern.

We received an email from our case manager. She said they are doing everything they can to get their pending cases into court by August 6, which is when the court will close for the rainy season. We will be talking to her tomorrow to see if there is any possibility that this could include us as well. At this point, we are not counting on it, but we will see.

In other news, there have been some problems with abandonment in the capital city, Addis Ababa. I don't know the details of what is going on, but there are some investigations into various agencies and anyone who is adopting out of Addis is having to wait indefinitely for a court hearing. Fortunately, our agency is not one of these and our case manager told us that the problems with court have not affected any of the families with CWA. So, while other agencies are on hold with the court, CWA families are continuing to move through, which is a great thing.

Finally, I am beginning to think about starting to collect items to take with us to the orphanage. I will probably be starting a collection box in our Sunday school (although I have yet to talk to anyone about it...oops!). It is highly recommended that we bring donations with us. The orphanages are on short supply of diapers and good formula. So, if you happen to see some on sale and would like to pick some up for a donation, I would love to be the deliverer for you. Anything else you might want to donate would be awesome as well (clothes, blankets, toys, wipes, powder, etc...)

Stay tuned for tomorrow's post! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment