FORWARDED by RACHELLE (MOM)
Just a quick update. I (Nate) made another trip to the Embassy (by myself). By chance, I got to speak to the consular section chief who was very nice and helpful and seemed like she wanted to do everything she could to get us home. Kind of crazy how it worked out - I literally got to the security gates of the Embassy 3 minutes before they closed, and basically had to "sweet talk" my way past 3 layers of people to be able to go up to the consular section. So I spoke with Abigail (consular chief), and she said someone from the embassy is planning on going on Tuesday to Levi's original orphanage (which luckily happens to be in Addis - she said that is why they are able to do the investigation so quick because they don't have to go to an orphanage far away) to do an investigation. I asked her point blank if we had a shot at still getting home as scheduled - she that as long as they don't find any red flags at the orphanage (which right now there is no indication there would be, especially in Levi's case) on Tuesday, they can "hopefully" get us in Wednesday and have all our paperwork by Thursday. So basically the main thing now is just that 1.) they are able to go to the orphanage on Tuesday as scheduled, and 2.) everything is cut and dry with no red flags. If those things happen, it sounds like there is a good possibility we will be leaving as scheduled. So that is best case - so I am cautiously optimistic. They should be contacting us Tuesday/Wednesday with the news. But either way, it is encouraging that multiple people at the Embassy know my face and my situation, and that our case is one of the first they are investigating.
Saturday morning here in the states and we are reading your blog while Levi's future friend & plamate, Colin, is singing & dancing away in his saucer. So happy to hear that doors seem to be opening and good things are happening - we are praying for you daily. Looking forward to hearing more good news.
ReplyDeleteTake Care,
Scott, Natasha & Colin