
Forwarded from Mom..Rachelle
Today has been a pretty lazy day. Nate has not been
sleeping well...or maybe I should say he sleeps okay
but has a hard time getting to sleep. You can
definitely tell the difference between a week night
and a weekend night...it is much louder outside and
last night reminded me a lot of our first night here
with music playing from the nearby synagogue for
quite some time. But, I didn't have any trouble
falling to sleep...you know me. ;) Levi slept for a
whopping 7 hours straight last night. Can't
believe it. He has not been his normal chipper
self today, though. He seems a bit groggy or
something...just not as talkative and interactive
as he usually is. I don't know if all of the changes are just catching up to him or what.
He doesn't seem to be sick or anything, though.
We are now counting down the days to Thursday night.
We figure we only have three more full days because
Thursday we will mostly be getting our stuff together and preparing to leave...hopefully. :)
I am craving anything crunchy and a nice bag of Spicy Nacho Doritos sounds excellent.
The food has been good, but I am growing a little bit tired of pasta and pizza.
Nate and I both think that Cebolla's sounds pretty yummy. I also keep wanting to mention the staff here.
They are very friendly and are doing a great job. They clean our room every day and scrub down the
bathroom every morning...a lot like how often I clean our bathroom. Haha. They also get our trash twice a day,
which is nice because we have to throw our toilet paper in the trash...not to mention Levi's smelly diapers.
Levi continues to develop. We are very glad we brought the bouncer seat. It has helped us be able to watch his progress.
When we first put him in, he would just kind of sit there, not really moving his arms or legs or anything. Slowly has began
to reach for the suspended rings and is now grasping them at times and sometimes coos and babbles as he plays. Quite the
improvement and very encouraging to Levi's mommy and daddy. :) He also is getting better at tummy time. He is much better at
lifting up his head and can be on his stomach much longer than when we first began trying. You can tell when he is tired,
though, because he won't really try for very long and gets fussy pretty quickly.
Dad was asking last night if Levi is as happy as it seems in the pictures...the answer is YES. I was actually trying to take apicture of him when he was crying and he would get distracted and start smiling. He just has such a great personality. He is sofun to play with and you guys will all just have a ball with him...are you counting down the days?! I am sure me telling you thesethings doesn't make the wait any easier, but just think, not too much longer!We love you and Levi sends lots of smiles and slobbery kisses. Love, Nate and Shanna
No comments:
Post a Comment