Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Wednesday, MArch 10

EMBASSY AND BACK!
We got a call from our agency this morning letting us know we received an embassy appointment today at 1.  After a little bit of a delay (they could not find our visa application...oh, the irony of that) we got in and had our appointment.  Little Levi Bereket's immigrant visa is being completed as we speak.  This is excellent news and such an answer to prayer.  I am pretty sure, had we not come as planned, we would be waiting another 8 weeks.  The lady who did our interview ( and also made a point of saying, "There are no give backs") said that we could pick up Levi's packet on FRIDAY...yeah, the day after we are scheduled to leave.  So, one more loop to jump through, but at least we know now the latest we will be traveling is Friday, but we are hoping to squeak through tomorrow (our flight doesn't leave until 11:50 pm here).  Aaaah, home sweet home.  It was a bit intimidating going to the embassy appointment, and I am super-impressed that Nate went there, not once, but TWICE.  I think they usually do adoption appointments on Tuesdays and Thursdays, so it was a huge answer to prayer that we got in today.  When we came to the waiting areas, everybody turned and looked at us...Levi made our arrival a bit conspicuous due to his loud crying...he even puked on the stairs. haha  It has been quite a 24 hours...starting with trying to hear something about our appointment, and then into Levi being sick and up most of the night with him and then on to our actual appointment. Whew...I think we will all be glad to be home.  We really appreciate your prayers...and the many, many, many others who have been praying on our behalf.  God has answered in a big, big way and moved those mountains. Praise Him!  Love, Nate and Shanna

2 comments:

  1. Yay! Congratulations guys! From one CWA family to another, we have been praying like heck for you guys. I'm glad things worked out. Yet another testimony of what God can do if you give Him the reins. Wishing you a safe trip home with your new son.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Conner's! I haven't been able to check your blog for a few weeks but it was so exciting to see your posts and photos today!!! Awesome pictures - your huge smiles (both you and LEVI'S) say so much :)

    Praying all goes well getting back home - long flights with little ones are quite a challenge and I pray God's mercy, grace and joy be with your family!!
    Love you - R

    ReplyDelete