Monday, February 28, 2011

Happy Gotcha Day!

I certainly didn't expect to be sitting where I am now one year ago. I actually didn't even expect to be sitting where I am now when I woke up this morning. Remember when I posted the picture of Levi sleeping a few months ago? That concerned me quite a bit along with a few other things that I had been talking to our speech therapist about. About two weeks ago, I sent an email to our Riley doctor about what we had been noticing. She got back with us and thought a sleep study might be needed. She wanted to get it in before our year check up on the 16th. Well, they called this afternoon with a cancellation for tonight...so here I sit, watching Levi sleep.

A Year Ago
In many ways, it is hard to believe that it has only been one year. I feel like we have gone through so much, and as many first time parents will say, I can't imagine my life without him and can hardly remember what life was like before he was a part of it. He fits in seamlessly with our family. He is the most easy-going, out-going baby you could meet. He can make even the hardest of people smile and laugh. He's just oozing with personality and charm. And he's got the greatest sense of humor to boot. Just to give you an example: As the lady was wiring him for the sleep study, she dropped her pen, and if you know Levi, he thinks dropping things is hilarious. Of course this cracked him up, too...only Levi would find the funny while being slightly tortured. As the lady said, and I quote, "when he gets lemons, he makes lemonade." That's Levi.

As I stood over Levi's bed here at the hospital helping him go to sleep, I was holding is little hand and reflecting over the past year. I couldn't be more thankful for my little boy. I love all that he is and all that he will become. God has tremendously blessed us with a beautiful son whom we cherish to the depths of our hearts, and I praise Him for giving me lemons so that He could give me the sweetest lemonade.

3 comments:

  1. sounds like Levi was a champ as usual! woke up a few times last night and thought of him and said a quick prayer. hoping he (and you) slept well. I bet you're glad that's over. Today I'm thankful for this glimpse into your grateful mother's heart. what a wonderful boy you have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Again, such beautiful sentiment. True joy can be experienced through Christ no matter the circumstance! MOM

    ReplyDelete
  3. It makes me laugh to think about him laughing...he's contagious (and adorable).
    -Lori

    ReplyDelete