One year ago...it seems a lifetime ago. On this day one year ago you were born. It is crazy to think I didn't even know you were, let alone that you would be mine. I love your story because God has His hands so obviously and divinely imprinted on it and on you. It was no mistake that you were for us, and we were for you. Sometimes I can't fathom or comprehend the intertwining emotions of adoption, and today is one of those days. Suffice it to say, though, that I can't imagine our life without you and I am so grateful for the blessing of being your mommy. I love that I get to see you change and grow and see your personality ease out of its shell. I know that you are independent, yet I wouldn't say you are an adventurer. You are curious, but you usually check to make sure your curiosity won't get you in to trouble. You know what you want and are able to make that pretty clear, but you listen well and have a soft heart. You love your brother and enjoy your days playing together. If he laughs, you follow suit. I can't imagine you without Levi and Levi without you. You can be serious, but you definitely have a soft, sweet side. I love that I know these things about you...that I get to know you as only a mommy would. You are such a sweet and precious gift, and I thank God every day for the gift you are.
Happy 1st Birthday!
Love,
Mommy
Thank you for sharing with us your sweet words to Machiah. He is also a special grandson and you are a wonderful mother.
ReplyDeleteLove,
JADA