Tuesday, February 28, 2012

2 yrs

Two years ago today...we sat soaking in our new son and trying to figure out how to be parents in a foreign land.    We couldn't have been more smitten and, as I look back at those pictures of our first two weeks with Levi, the deep joy is written all over our faces.  That moment we had been longing for had finally arrived...we had a son! This day will always evoke memories of our trip to Ethiopia...the excitement, the fear, the anxiety, the questions...there were so many things that we felt so deeply on that trip and upon coming home and still feel today.  It's amazing that it was just two years ago.

I would not have imagined two years ago the normalcy of today.  I sit here typing away, watching Levi "read", his little brother still asleep upstairs.  We have a therapist coming in an hour...just a typical day here.  We are going to do something special tonight with the boys to celebrate such a special day for our family, though, as it is a day so worthy of celebration - a day to be made much of.  I am so thankful for where God has brought us over the past two years...so, so much has happened in that time, and again, I feel such a privilege and joy to be able to watch my son grow and learn and live and laugh and love...which he does with such a deep joy.  He is just a very content child, almost always a smile on his face. He teaches me more every day about how to be a better person, a better mom.  I am so thankful God chose Levi for us. His given name, Bereket, couldn't be more fitting...he is a true blessing.




No comments:

Post a Comment