Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Attachment

If anyone has talked with me even for just a little bit about parenting, you have probably heard me talk about attachment and how important that is for us and Levi. I strongly believe in this theory, especially because of the circumstances of the beginning of our family (but I would support it for biological children, too!).

If you are at all interested, or even curious, about how we are approaching parenting with Levi, especially in the early days, there is a PBS series on attachment. It aired last night and looks like it will be a series of three programs. I haven't watched them yet, so I may be tooting the horn too soon, but one of my friends who believes along the same lines as I do watched it and gave it the thumbs up (Thanks, Lynsey, for letting us know about it!) Nate and I plan to make a couple of date nights out of it...check 'em out if you want:

http://www.pbs.org/thisemotionallife/topic/attachment

Bringing him home will be a different experience for all of us, and we will need to nurture our time together as a family. The underlying reason for this is to develop our attachment with Levi. I will definitely post more about it before we leave, but consider this a brief introduction... ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment