I am a mom! This thought hit me a lot differently yesterday. We have been in a state of in-between for so long now...in the midst of this adoption journey, then having the referral but still being cautious as things weren't "official." Now, I can fully and confidently (as in confident that it's true...) say I AM A MOMMY! Why did this thought hit me differently? Well, I get asked the question all the time in meeting new people (as I am sure you do as well) - "Are you married?" "Do you have children?" For the first time yesterday, I was able to answer "YES! I am a mom. I have a son, Levi, who is 3 months old." I love it! No more in-between states of explanation or evasive answers..."we're in the adoption process..." I now have the full privilege of mommy-hood!! :) Now, to just get all of his pictures printed so I can carry them with me as any proud momma would... ;-)
Also, we did get an update from our case manager today. Levi was moved from the orphanage where he has been for the past several months to the foster care where we will be picking him up. Another step in the process down! She also gave us updated info on his height and weight and he is gaining well in both categories - he has gained about 1.5 lbs in the last month or so, and is now weighing right at 11 lbs. Still tiny, but gaining...yay!
Knowing that our travel is down to two possible dates, I was looking at the weeks we would be travelling...craziness. We will either be leaving Saturday, Feb. 20 or Saturday, March 6. Those dates seem light years apart and we are praying hard that we will be able to go the first of those two dates...we will see. But actually knowing that it will be one of those weeks is a big step in itself. So excited!!
I love this post. praising Him for your joy today! yippie! You're a mom!
ReplyDeletejen
Oh...he is moved! I wonder if they will let me hold him when we are there in two weeks? That would be so special...
ReplyDeleteIt is a true joy. AND I, Gramma, Have already got pictures printed and am carrying them in a little "brag book"! Hee Hee(: LOVE IT!
ReplyDeleteLOVE the part where you said you can finally answer the question about children with the answer of, "YES! I am a mom." How awesome!!! Praying for your family of 3. :)
ReplyDelete-Molly
Thanks for sharing your journey with all of us! We are so happy for your family.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! We are a fellow CWA family waiting for a baby girl from Ethiopia, but just turned in our dossier on Friday! Your blog gives us hope as we watch the process. Feel free to connect with us through our blog
ReplyDeletewww.baxterfamilyfive.blogspot.com God Bless