We can't thank everyone enough for sharing in the joy and excitement of this time! All your words of encouragement, joy, and love have been such a blessing to us. We are looking forward to really introducing you to our son in the not so distant future!
We wanted to give you some explanation on Levi's name. As I posted earlier when we decided on the name Levi, we wanted a name that held meaning. This whole process has been quite the journey and we didn't feel we could just choose any name, as our little boy is so special to us and wanted his name to reflect that. So, after much thought and mind-changing, instead of going with one of the "J" names we had in mind, we went with Levi (the only other non-J name on our short list). Levi means "attached." We see it as a reflection of our fervent prayers that he would attach to us. Furthermore, Levi brings together two families, ours and his biological family, and forever we will be "attached" to his precious biological family in Ethiopia. Now, about his middle name...Oh, I really love it! And we almost kept it as his first name but decided against for practical purposes; but he can also choose later in life to go by his Ethiopian name if he so desires. Anyway, "Bereket" (Bear-uh-ket) was his given name by his biological parents. It means "blessing." And what more perfect name could he have than that?! He certainly is such a blessing to us, and I believe that he was a blessing to his biological family for the short time they had with him.
What's next:
So, we've passed court. The next steps are completed in Ethiopia - getting Levi's birth certificate completed and then getting his 3rd round of medicals that are required for our Embassy appointment. Our case manager said that we should know our travel dates in about two weeks. Our agency receives embassy appts every other week, once a week, with only ten children able to be seen. The next dates are Feb. 9, Feb. 23, and March 9. We are fervently praying for the Feb. 23 date (it is impossible for us to get the Feb. 9 date because his birth certificate and medical have to be done 2 weeks prior to requesting the embassy appt, plus I think it's already full). Our case manager said it is more likely that we will travel in March, but I refuse to think it will be that long! However long, I know Levi is in good Hands, and I will continue to trust God as, finally, this part of the journey winds to an end.
No comments:
Post a Comment