Thursday, April 2, 2009

All done!

Our visit to the USCIS was nothing like either of us expected, in a good way. We left our car at 8:40a and were getting back in at 9:07a. (Our actual appointment was scheduled for 9!) So, it was really nice for it to be so simple. Our home study agency had cautioned us about several things, and we experienced none of it. It was very quick and easy. We wanted to take some pictures, but there was actually nothing that was worthy of a good picture. The office was in some obscure building with no signs or anything indicating that it was the USCIS office. Oh, well. We were prepared, though. :)

As I type, Nate is finishing up the last of the training and enjoying the Moe's I brought home. We are waiting on a few documents from our Home Study agency, like the verification of their licensure and also their approval and documentation that we have completed all of the training requirements. I feel like I've been saying this forever, but we will hopefully be sending the Dossier for review to CWA next week. I am hopeful that we will send the actual final Dossier the week of the 13th. We will see...but every day is very precious right now. Nate and I were calculating the time frames to be able to get our court date in before the rainy season. If everything works at the earliest possible time frame they give us (ie. we get our referral in two months from the Dossier submission, and our court date follows 6 weeks from acceptance of referral), we are looking at getting our court date right at the end of July, just in time before closure for the rainy season. I am cautiously optimistic at this point, but I think Nate is trying to prepare me for the good possibility that we won't quite make it. As we've said all along, God's got it all in His hands and in His timing. Easy to say, hard to deal with when it isn't what you hope.

I was able to meet my parents for a quick meal at Moe's (mmm, good stuff!) on their way back from Michigan. My mom is awesome! She is already done with the bed skirt for Baby J's crib. I absolutely love it! I am so excited to see all of it when it's done. I am very happy with my choice of fabric (and my choice of seamstress)!








4 comments:

  1. From Mom: Not for Hire! I am enjoying the sewing though. IT keeps me occupied and gives me a sense of connection. THe fabrics for the nursery are even better when I see them put together. This will be a special room for a very special baby.
    Love, Mom (Gramma)

    ReplyDelete
  2. KONJO (beautiful) bedskirt... I cannot WAIT to see it all together. =) Glad the visit was quick and painless... and you STILL got a day off to hang out together --- that's fun. =)

    Love ya,
    Christen
    "Aunt Christen"

    *insert girly scream*

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the new website background. It has a wonderful personal touch! Nicole Dunham

    ReplyDelete
  4. From Katrina: The bedskirt looks fab! Any luck with that crib you were going to look at in Ft. Wayne?

    ReplyDelete