Wednesday, April 29, 2009

What to do?

My, oh, my, I am really done with school! I can't believe it. This is my second day home, and I am really not sure what to do with myself. My first stop was the library to pick up some pleasure reading. I am so excited to be able to read for fun again! Oh, the little things in life...I still feel like I'm caught in the "in betweens" but I am really trying to enjoy this time in my life. I know things will be busy again soon enough...and hey, it's only day #2! I would love to be getting the nursery ready or to be buying things for our children, but we have no idea how they will be (and really not even sure of the gender!). We have been picturing and planning on a little boy, but we specified in our home study that we would accept any referral from 0-12 months. How can you plan for that? So, until we know, I will enjoy my time, lazy mornings with a hot mug of coffee and a good book and continue praying for our little one(s), who hopefully we will get to see in the next couple of months. We have no idea how long it will take, but if we do get a referral for a single child, it could happen probably any time. Nate told me last night that the Ponsler's received their referral while their dossier was being authenticated, which for us would occur in the next couple of weeks! However, I know everyone's journey is different, and I am not expecting a referral that quickly for us.

On the video...the Ponslers also informed us that CWA is quite strict with the use of pictures and video for the protection of the children. Therefore, and unfortunately, we will not be able to have a video like the Whipples (see link in previous post). However, at least it gives you an idea of what it will look like when we meet our little one(s). Apparently it was even a struggle to get any pictures when the Ponslers picked up their son, Tegegn, so their probably won't be much in the way of documenting that part of the journey due to CWA's rules. They have been doing this awhile and have their reasons, I am sure, although it is a bit of a bummer.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah! That is wonderful that you are finally done. Enjoy your reading...it won't be long and you'll be super busy again.

    ReplyDelete